Friday, May 10, 2013

KAP Profile - Ryan W (Student)

On the eve of the 3rd half marathon in Paducah (how did that get here so soon after the 2nd one?) let's take a minute to meet Ryan W, an energetic guy who is always ready to share the latest news and his perspective regarding WKU sports of all types.

Introduction by KAP:  Ryan is currently a WKU upperclassman and has been nominated as WKU's biggest fan.  Ryan is studying Exercise Science and is very involved with WKU sports.  His spirit and commitment to embracing every positive aspect of college makes him someone people seek to be around.  Ryan is also a strong advocate for the autism community.  He has given presentations at several schools about his experiences and has even made a video about ASD (autism spectrum disorders) and attending college.  Ryan is a true Hilltopper and we are proud to have him in our KAP family!

Q:  What year are you at WKU and what is your major?
Ryan W:  I am a senior at WKU and my major is Exercise Science.

Q:  Where are you from?
Ryan W:  Louisville, Kentucky

Q:  Why did you select WKU?
Ryan W:  I selected WKU because it's a decent-sized campus but with a huge university feel where I can be far from parents without leaving the state of Kentucky, and I can have that chance of showing that I can live on my own.

Q:  What are your biggest challenges with college?
Ryan W:  Juggling real life with your classes because, in a way, it's simulating what your life is going to be like after graduation - juggling your career and family - and it's preparing you.

Q:  What does KAP provide for you?
Ryan W:  KAP provides a lot of support for me here at WKU, not only with study help, but also around the social area, which can be my weakness at times.  KAP makes sure I'm keeping up with my schooling so I won't fall behind in my academic progress.

Q:  What do you want to do with your education after you graduate from WKU?
Ryan W:  With education completed here at WKU, I first want to vacation for enduring so many years of college work, but then pursue my career as an athletic trainer for a university team or professional sport.

Q:  What are your hobbies and favorite things to do?
Ryan W:  I currently play lacrosse for the sports club here at Western and have for the last three years.  I'm also interested in volleyball.

Q:  What do you want potential supporters of KAP to know?
Ryan W:  KAP is an amazing place with great people here, even despite our attitudes at times.  Whenever someone asks me how I am becoming successful here at WKU, I immediately tell them that KAP helps me every day.



Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IconIconIconFollow Me on Pinterest

Blogger news

Blogroll

What's Hot